In 2011, Oregon legislators gave away $93 million in new tax breaks for big corporations. We don’t think that matches Oregon’s priorities.
1. Based on the average cost for a week of school for all Oregon school districts.
2. Based on “tuition buy-down” for the biennium. Source: 2013-15 OUS Legislative Request (page 21).
3. Based on an average cost per position per year.
4. Based on an average award of $1,438 per year (2010-2011 school year). Source: Oregon Student Assistance Commission 2010-11.
5. Based on an average cost per employee per year . Source: Oregon State Police Budget Department.
6. Based on an average cost per case per year. Source: Department of Human Services Budget.