Seeking qualified applicants for a Field Organizer position based in Portland, OR.
Our Oregon’s A Better Oregon Campaign to fund schools and services by making corporations pay their fair share in taxes is seeking qualified applicants for a Field Organizer position.
Field Organizers will be based in Portland with some travel outside of Portland. The primary goal for field organizers will be to recruit volunteers to gather petitions to place an initiative on the 2016 ballot and pass the measure in the general election. This temporary position will last until November 11th, 2016.
Field Organizers will build support through outreach, organize campaign events, and ensure that all voter contact goals are met through 1) direct voter contact and 2) volunteer operations.
Applicants should expect to work long hours and have access to reliable transportation. Specific responsibilities of the Field Organizer include but are not limited to the list below. Consistently meet voter contact goals by:
- Recruiting, motivating, managing and retaining volunteers for canvassing, phonebanking, and other activities
- Executing an aggressive voter contact strategy via phone and door-to-door contact
- Building and expanding relationships with key allies
- Representing the campaign at community events
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Strong time-management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to motivate volunteers to reach goals
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to spend long hours on the phone and canvassing
- Ability to adapt quickly and accomplish goals as set forth by the campaign
- Results-oriented, dependable, and proactive
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality
Salary/Benefits: Monthly salary ranges between $2500 to $3500 per month and exact salary depends on experience. Hiring ASAP. To apply for this position please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.